Saturday, May 9, 2015

Bandai - Great Imperial Garmillas Astro Fleet - 1:1000 Garmillas Warships

This is a cool set from Bandai, 4 kits in 1 box. The box art depicts Garmilla ships used in the Battle of Pluto, You get a big Battleship and 2 Smaller Destroyers, and a really cool Mecha Tank.  The kit is cleanly Moulded and though a snap kit still has a great level of engineering that all modellers will enjoy. The only fault I've got with the kit are the Display stands. The bigger models are too heavey for the display stands to function and need a better reinforcement. Some modellers go as far as to counter balance these kits but making the model heavier isn't the best solution in my opinion. The kit comes with a small decal sheet, I've only ever used the decals on the 1:1000 Yamato kit but they were excellent so I'd have no fear using these as well. I've got a make a quick mention to Bandai's unique solution to the tank tracks. Very good design for "Link and Length" tracks.

Also Notice on the instructions my Brother and I thought up paints from Tamiya that would properly match the Gunze colors suggested by Bandai, I'll post more pictures of the kit's progress as it's built.
You will notice as well on the backof the instructions/paint guide, there is an alternate paint scheme for the kit, however there is no painting diagram for this, which is sad because it's a cool looking scheme. SHULTZ!





















The Build:

The kit is a very well engineered piece. The decals are really fantastic they want to stick tot he model and respond very well to silvering. I'm glad that my brother gave me the order to build the Brown version instead, I find it a bit more fun to have an oddball in this collection instead. I also included a few pictures of his finished Garmilla Warship so you can see what the colors look like that we decided to use. They are all Tamiya and I'm pretty satisfied with the end result.















No comments:

Post a Comment