Sunday, September 18, 2016

Warlord Games vs Perry Miniatures 28mm Napoleonic figures

First I'm not actually competing these figures against each other, more making comparisons between the two sets. The first one I bought was from Perry Miniatures. I'm very familiar with the Perry Brothers work when they designed figures for Games Workshop's Lord of the Rings series. 

I need a bunch of figures for a massive diorama my brother and I will be building, and I bought these two sets to see their quality. 

The first set from Perry Miniatures, are French Sailors of the Imperial Guard. The seller shipped them in a small black box, and I was a bit surprised the amount of flash that was on these figures. They are going to need a bit of work to clean up, but their quality is amazing. Exactly what I was hoping from Perry. I also really like the sculpt of the figures, they look very natural in their movements, and the faces are really well detailed.

The second set form Warlord games, is brilliantly molded as well. A lot cleaner as well, I think cleaning up any flash will be much quicker on these figures. You also see that they are mostly headless, I think these might be a bit easier to paint. They are bit thicker than the Perry Figures, but not by much, especially not enough to tell when they are all in formation. 

What's kind of interesting on the Warlord figures is they kinda look like paintings from the Napoleonic era. They've got that old classic style and feel to them, quite unique to whomever sculpted them.

French Sailors of the Imperial Guard

Middle figure holds an Imperial Eagle.
I think the Drummer figure is my favorite from the set.

British line Infantry Command.



A few different parts.

2nd head from the left with his Mighty beard.

Warlord Miniature (Left) Perry Miniature (Right)

On a closer inspection the Perry figure has a brighter more pure white metal. He's shinier and I can tell the metal is a bit stronger. I really like both of these figures, they are both excellently molded, and cast. I can't wait to get my hands on some more and see them all painted up.  I like that the Warlord figures have separate heads, this will allow me to swap multiple faces and have a bit more variety. 

In the end, I'l definitive be buying more from both companies. It's great to see that same style from the Lord of the Rings miniatures from my youth, and I'm glad the Perry Brothers are keeping busy and making figures that they have a devoted interest in. Now I just have to pass these to my younger brother and try to convince him to paint these for me, hopefully he'll give me a deal and they won't cost me that much.






No comments:

Post a Comment