Sunday, September 4, 2016

Humming Birds 2015

When I was very young I'd spend part of my summer with my Grandparents. I remember in the corner of their Balcony away from the wind they had a Humming Bird feeder, and they would yell for us to come and see them anytime the appeared. I had very little to no interest.....

In 2014 my Mother put flower pots on the balcony railing, and noticed later in the summer that there were a few Humming birds, which was unusual because we were of the understanding that Humming birds aren't in our area.

2015 she bought a feeder, and that summer they came back. This time I was so involved, amazed by these tiny creatures. I love flight and aviation it simply fascinates me, and watching these little guys float an hover around was a thrill. 




I had just bought a new camera, and this one had a great zoom on it, so I was able to take some great pictures from a good distance to not bother them. I began to study their colors and markings, and the simple beauty of these small creatures, and I'll admit since then I'm a huge sucker for the Humming Bird. 


Probably one of the more interesting moments was watching two of them get into a fight. It's a ferocious duel, with lots of loud squeaking, and stabbing. It's honestly like watching 2 knights jousting. You might not know it, but these little guys fight mean.


Again to match with my fondness for aviation, I've learned a new respect for these little birds. They are extremely fun to watch, and I wish they stayed around longer.










No comments:

Post a Comment