Thursday, September 22, 2016

Matchbox 1:72 Percival Provost Mk.I

A Matchbox kit disguised as an AMT kit, very mischievous! Actually Matchbox back in the day sent their kits to the U.S market, these were distributed by AMT. Which is why there are a few very hard to find Matchbox Star Trek kits in the UK. The box art and kit contents were all the same just given an AMT border, and in the this case AMT instructions.

So there are times when I forget I'm looking at and AMT kit and it's actually from Matchbox, one of my top 3 all time favourite kit companies. 

This one was found from someone thinning out their collection. Amazingly it was still in it's shrink wrap. I've had my eye on this one for a few years now and as soon as I find a good identification orange I'll begin this kit. 


RAF Trainer, silver fuselage with bright Orange ID bands.

Matchbox was king of odd ball aircraft. 
This one is from: The Sultan of Muscat of Omans

Still sealed.... awesome!


Yep, that typical multi-colored plastic.

2 Pilot figures included.



Quite a clear canopy.

Back in the days when display stands were the norm.


Wax paper was stuck to the decals, however I'm more
than convinced that these will still work fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment