Thursday, April 28, 2016

MPC 1:51 Tie Interceptor

I lost out on a ebay auction for this kit, and then a miracle! I found one for sale and in Canada (quicker shipping) and WOW still in the wrap, never been opened.

The Tie Interceptor has got to be a favorite among Star Wars fans. First making it's debut in the Return of the Jedi, we really didn't get a good look at this ship, until Kenner made a toy. And this model kit is a pretty cool addition. I'm going to have to take my time in making some additions to this kits. It's a Snap kit, and it's got the potential to be a pretty good kit, but looks really fun straight out of the box. It's missing some exterior details the biggie being the Twin Ion Engines in the back. Also there are a few places on the wings where they simply made up detail. And the Cockpit in inaccurate, but that doesn't bother me as you won't really be seeing the inside. 

The funny thing is the Pilot is for the A-wing kit. And I think the A-wing pilot slightly resembles a Tie pilot. I'm not going to use the pilot here, but save him for the day I hopefully luck out again and get the MPC/AMT A-wing. 

Lastly, most people know I don't like display stands. I fins most that are included with kits to be too small for the model and flimsy, just an accident waiting to happen. This stand however looks OK, I'm going to make my own more secure stand when I get around to the kit, but for now it's not too shabby. I especially like the ROTJ display that comes with the kit.

Really glad I snagged this one, and I look forward to building it. I'm planning now to buy 2 more (hopefully used, or slightly used) To build a Tie Defender!

















The infamous incorrect A-wing pilot.









No comments:

Post a Comment