Saturday, April 2, 2016

Heller 1:72 Me 109 B-1/C-1

I really like the early 109 with it's old style nose and twin prop. It's quite a 30's design, especially when you look at a more majestic 109 K. Still we've all got to start somewhere. Modart633, a fellow YouTuber, hosted a "Spanish Civil War" group build. From Nov 2015- April 1st 2016. And I'm 3 days late, but I got it done!

I really enjoyed this kit, Its a older Heller but it's honestly got a lot of charm to it. The kit if from the early or mid 90's. I love the kits from Airfix and Heller, because at this time the decals were amazing. And 20 years later they still are. The fit pretty good, only a bit of filler needed. And the canopy was surprisingly very clear and you can still see through to the interior. 

I had a blast building this and being a part of the group build. If I find this kit again I'm most likely going to buy it. It's a simple fun build and I really like the Civil war markings. Tempted to get the new Eduard Civil War 109, but I'm awfully happy with this one instead.
















1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete