Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Polar Lights 1:1000 NCC-1864 U.S.S Reliant & Aztec Decals Set

I've been very excited about this kit, ever since I heard it was going to be released. It's been years since we saw a new tooled Reliant (Miranda class Starship). And Polar Lights came through, with this fantastic model. In keeping with their 1:1000 line the Reliant is pretty small. But the detail on it is some of the best yet. Very crisp clean and well defined details decorate this kit. 

The biggest complaints about this kit are the decals. I've heard a few sad stories from modelers whose original decals were misprinted and out of register. I thought I'm probably getting a more recent kit and this might not be a problem..... well I was wrong, there are a few imperfections on the sheet, but I think I can work around these, given that I also bought the Aztec decal sheet, which I'll explain down bellow.















SO this is the the other part that modelers were a bit upset with. Their 1:1000 Enterprise Refit comes with Aztec decals for the entire kit. And when the Reliant came out we were a bit sad to learn that the decals would be separate from the kit.  Also that they wouldn't be available until a month after the kits release??? But are they worth it? Totally! I'm glad I grabbed these as well, they look fantastic and are wonderfully printed. A bit of a shame compered to the kit decals. You also get 6 other Miranda Class Starship names and I.D bands. If you really want this kit to shine buy these as well, again they are wonderfully detailed and I'm quite interested to see how they will react. Also note that these are note Pearlescent decals like the ones included with the Refit Enterprise. (The decal sheets have had a RED filter added so I don't get e-mails from PL for showing their entire decal sheet)






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these photos! I think the aztec decals are the same as the Refit's, because the seem fairly pearlescent in the light when you hold them.

    ReplyDelete