Monday, April 18, 2016

Fokker 1:72 Fokker E.II Eindecker

Normally I get pretty excited with the new Airfix kits, but 2 new WWI aircraft took me be surprise. I'll admit at first I didn't have the most interest in this kit, but I began lately to want to build something WWIish. And had my mind set on this new tooled Eindecker.

This kit is pretty small, but designed with a very sturdy construction. I honestly had no troubles putting this kit together, especially the landing struts, they were better than the new tooled Airfix Wildcat. The only problem I encountered were the stripes for the fuselage bands, they don't add up, so your going to need to add a few touch ups to them.

I used "EZ Line" by Berkshire junctions. It was originally designed for railroad modelers to use for telephone wires but the rest of the modeling world has been using it for all sorts of things, and WWI aircraft is high a top that list. EZ barely describes it, this is some of the best stuff I've ever used and made the rigging process go by so smoothly.

I really enjoyed this model, it can be a nice simple weekend build with lots of good details added in the mix, or as a stand alone kit. And a thanks to Jerry for sending me this kit in advance of the Canadian delivery date.



















No comments:

Post a Comment