Monday, June 1, 2015

Tamiya 1:35 Citroen Traction 11CV

My grew up in Limburg Germany, the city is famous for the Limburg Cathedral.  It also has a wide rive that runs by it, and a bridge. This bridge was blown up during WWII as a last attempt by the Germans to stop the Allies progression.  My Dad for years, (since before I was born) has been planning a massive diorama depicting the blown bridge.  When he started building the diorama Tamiya 1:35th scale model kits were coming more frequent in the N American market, and he bought quite a few tanks and vehicles, as well as German soldiers to accompany them. Over the years Model Manufacturers have been catching up to modellers requests for 1:35th scale Civilian and vehicles not particularly associated with war.

The progress has been slow, and over the years growing up my Dad would let me help him here and there build and paint a few figures.  My Dad has a weird habit, when he goes into a hobby store and doesn't find anything he gets bummed out, but when this happens over the course of a few months he can get frustrated and decide that he must buy some kit, and viola, the Tamiya 1:35 Citroen.  Since he's not building the diorama he really doesn't have and desperate need to build the kit, and I really wanted to build this one so I begged him to let me build it, mainly since I wanted to build it up as a bright Blue civilian car.

The process was long and very trying as is explained in my Youtube build and review of the kit, but I'm thrilled that it's done, I really like the new Dark Gloss Blue, and the kit fitting together was amazing, excellent engineering from Tamiya. I think the only con I could find with the kit is the front axle.  In theory it's suppose to turn the wheels but in reality the pieces holding it all together are too fragile and don't have enough contact points. Again a very beautiful car with a good amount of detail definitely worth the buy!













No comments:

Post a Comment