Sunday, June 14, 2015

Warhammer -- Ogre Tyrant

I'm not much into miniature gaming, but I really appreciate the work that goes into painting armies. Some modellers that are able to paint amazing small details, and then highlight shade and weather, is awe-inspiring.  I'm not big on painting figures but it's a nice break from all the Aircraft and Sci-Fi, I usually paint.

Games workshop figures used to mainly be made out of metal and plastic. Lately they've switched all the metal figures for resin. It's ok, but there's nothing that compares to the weight of a metal figure. So I went to my local comic book store and found this metal Ogre Tyrant figure. He was on a huge discount, which I didn't realize was because it was used and had parts missing, so I bought a new resin kit to have an extra arm. The other reason for building this kit was to try Vallejo paints, I've wanted to try these for a few years and this Ogre was a perfect piece to test.

He didn't come with a display base so I made on out of and old biscuit tin lid, added some textures and grass and he was done, a really fun figure to build. I'm not going to go all out and build a Ogre army but the experience hasn't stopped me from wanting to build a few more in the future.












No comments:

Post a Comment