Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Lethbridge 2013 Model Show

I completely forgot to post these pictures. I originally planned to attend the even but was caught in work. However that day my friend called up and wanted to go to Lethbridge, so we stopped in. Unfortunately  we were too late to enter any models but I was more than pleased to take some pictures. A few I had already seen in Nanton which were great to see again. I've tried to identify as many of these kits as I could. So I might have a few errors.






I thought this Panzer Commander was the BEST model at Nanton 
I was really excited to see it again :D





 Wonderful weathering to this U-Boat


This was an unusual, and cool Man from U.N.C.L.E.
People use to think that My Dad was this actor,
despite his German accent


Only 5 Tortoise tanks were built, and only 1 is
running right now



I have a big soft spot for the Leopard, My Uncle trained
Canadian troops how to drive these, when they went into
Afghanistan. 


Canada's Ace Willie Mcknight. Shot down during the Battle of Britian, 
Calgary's Mcknight Boulevard was named after him. That bit of trivia
got me a job offer in a hobby store. Italeri 1:48 Hurricane Mk I


I'm not a huge fan of cars, but I'll always stop and appreciate the 
quality a modeler puts into his work.



This Tamiya F1 Racer, looks better than the model Tamiya
build for their own displays. The decals look painted on, 
I would have loved to have met this builder and pick 
his brain on this masterpiece.


He also built this lot, All Stunning.


Alright WWII Japanese Aircraft always get to me, this Tamiya 1:48 Dinah
is wonderfully detailed and weathered.





This unique Me 262 had a big cannon in the nose
built to take down B-17's in one hit. This 262
was later captured by the U.S and named 
"Wilma Jeanne"


 Dragon 1:48 He 162 Salamander



1:48 Mosquito


Who can resist a Beetle, let alone this epic contraption. 






Wonderful CF-18


Sopwith Camel





Hasegawa 1:48 Canadian F-104 Starfighter


1:48 Corsair "Birdcage"


Monogram "Gold Knight"
My Dad built one of these a few years ago, a nice
kit though he used half of my tube of putty.

No comments:

Post a Comment