Thursday, January 29, 2015

Airfix 1:72 A6M Zero - Old Tooled (A50085)

I've been scanning the internet trying to track down this kit for 2 years, and I finally got my hands on it. No you might be asking why this kit? And you're right, it's far outdated and inaccurate in so many ways, but I wanted it for the Saburo Sakai decals. And oddly enough I just wanted it even more since I couldn't find it. So I've decided to post the kit parts in all it's former glory. Granted when this was released by Airfix years, and years ago they didn't have the resources we have today, I'm still sure most of their reference material was grainy recently declassified information on the Zero. It's supposed to be an A6M2b, but it's more of just a generic Zero kit, I've got plans for building this kit in a diorama but oddly enough I'll need another to complete the diorama.

This is the last and final release of this kit, it was a Starter set released just before the New tooled Zero. Airfix threw out a bunch of these old kits in starter kit packaging for one last swing. And I think it was a great idea. The best part is the box art, I mean it's beautiful. I'd love to have a giant poster of this for my hobby room it's just fantastic.

I don't know why, but I really like seeing the sprues that come with the kit, I have yet to see any for this particular kit, except a few tiny grainy cellphone pictures on ebay, so I thought I'd add these.











No comments:

Post a Comment