Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Polar Lights 1:12 Wolverine


Wolverine has definitely got to be my favourite X-men character. He's a pretty cool superhero character in general. And he's got quite the iconic look. All of this has been well represented in this Polar Lights kit. 

I've only ever seen this kit advertised in one magazine. I've seen a few builds of it, but for some reason this kit seems to be quite less active.  I think that Round 2 Models possibly post their Marvel license shortly after this kit was produced. It's a shame there aren't more of these kits, I never saw this one on the shelves anywhere. But they are still available online, however their prices are slowly increasing, so if you want one start your search and grab soon.

The boxart is fantastic, quite appealing straight away. Opening the box you are greeted to mass amount of yellow. It's a Snap kit, but don't let that put you off this kit. The molding is exceptional, the details are clean and crisp. 

Really cool you get a Cowl and Bare faced Wolverine. He stands onto  a fallen sentinel head, which is pretty darn big. A decal sheet is included for the black stripes, which is a really nice edition to the kit I wasn't expecting. Chrome Claws are a nice inclusion, but the chrome to me at least is too shiny. I'm going to test these on the kit later and see if the chrome would look better stripped and repainted a nice bright silver. 

I'm more than thrilled with this kit. It looks like a fun distraction from my usual builds. I'm looking forward to adding more wire details to the Sentinels head. Again a shame that this kit seems to be in small quantities, it's certainly one worth having if you are a fan!







Doesn't look like Hugh Jackman at all.....

Really cool cowling,



Some parts that rattled off the sprue.

Chromed claws.

This is a BIG head

Room for adding plenty more detail.


Parts to the Sentinel head.

Well placed and descriptive instructions.

Black stripe decals are nice and thin, should work 
well on the model.



No comments:

Post a Comment