Sunday, July 31, 2016

Tamiya 1:48 Mitsubishi G4M "Betty"

I bought this one last year, and I've finally got around to building it. Which I'm very glad, so far this has been a really fun kit. The engineering is amazing, and the interior details are pretty nice. But also rather plain, and finding pictures of a complete G4M is really difficult. Luckily I found this drawing, and decided to add a few parts. I added a radio, maps, and seat belts. Thankfully all of these will be seen through the very clear canopy.









Seat belts made from surgical tape, and wire.


Spare radio, from a monogram A-26 Invader.
Not accurate, but it's all I could find.


Google Images, and Photoshop.








Seam line in canopy, can't buff it out.

Very clear windows.

Busy enough for me.




To be continued.....

7 comments:

  1. Hey, if you poke around Ebay right now, someone is selling off some old Accurate Miniatures kits. Some are complete, some are just sprues. No Decals or boxes, but I did notice complete TBM Avengers, Dauntlesses, and RAF version P-51's.(I am picking up a 1/72 F-4C/D) Worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey man, thanks for the heads up, I couldn't find anything, I think it might be a U.S only sale?

      Delete
  2. Hi there, just wondering what you used for shading the interior green?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steven. I used Tamiya XF-71 Cockpit Green as the base coat and then used some artist oil paint "Burnt Umber" And used mineral spirits to clean it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And if you don't mind, how did you create the map on the table? Printed?
    I am currently building the Yamamoto Betty kit..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found some old maps on Google Images of the Pacific theatre, and resized them on Photoshop, and printed them off. Awesome :) I'm currently weathering my G4M, and I'm enjoying it so much I'm seriously considering getting the Yamamoto kit :D

      Delete