Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tau XV8 Crisis Battlesuit

Hi everyone, this is a bit different. For those of you that don't know, i'm Rebelsatcloudnine's little brother, Das Wolfgarde or simply Wolfgarde. He's been asking me to post pictures of my models on his blog for a while now and well here they are, well at least one of them.

Unlike my brother, I prefer to paint more fantasy and sci-fi based miniatures compared to his more historical or modern models. I mostly prefer to build models form Games Workshops Warhammer 40000 and Warhammer fantasy, and a few others, but I mostly build Warhammer 40000 or Warhammer 40k miniatures. And this is one of them.

This is the Tau XV8 Crisis Battlesuit. (older edition.) I built this one years ago, only it had a different paint scheme, red, an off black and a light grey colour scheme. I was never fully happy with it and my skills weren't at the level there are at now. So years later I took it apart and and decided to repaint it. And i'm very pleased with the redesign, I was able to add more detail and highlights then I was able to do with the original paint scheme. I went with a dark green, almost a dark grey base coat, then added a light grey highlight to that. For the green I used a an almost olive green base coat, then used a light green as a highlight. For the orange markings I used a bright orange  as the base coat and then a light yellow/orange for the highlights. As for the metallic parts I just used a silver base coat and added a black wash on top of that. Added a pale blue for the sensors and lights. And after that I added some brown paint on the base and some grass and called it done.

I am really pleased that my skills have developed to the point I can make my oldest models look better. Hope you enjoy. 






Paints Used: 

Formula P3: 
Quick Silver. 
Meredius Blue.
Cryx Bane Base. 
Cryx Bane Highlight. 
Ordic Olive. Wurm Green. 
Khador Red Highlight. 
Heartfire.

Citadel:
Shade: Nuln Oil

1 comment:

  1. really great work have u consider you tube. The colors are very

    ReplyDelete