Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Bandai - Yamato #01- Yamato 2199 -Mecha Collection

I didn't expect this one to arrive ahead of schedule, but I got this one in the mail today! I'm terribly excited. This is one of the harder Mecha kits to find in North America. And the worst part is the overpricing. This little guy runs around $5 in Japan and here $20-$30 on ebay (yikes) not to mention the shipping. So while browsing ebay I came across a seller form Japan who wanted $9 for the kit and very excellent shipping. So I snatched it up quickly, and to my surprise it's arrived 3 days earlier than the delivery date.  Japan has and excellent postal service. The seller was really great too, they even gave me a free pen, seriously!

I bought this just as a fun build over a weekend or to break a lull. But upon opening the kit I can't help but want to build it right away! Even though I should be finishing the 1:1000 Yamato first, I really just want to build this kit. Take a look at this great kit, very nice details for the small scale and nice recessed panel lines. Molded in 2 plastics a blue grey, and a bright red, elimination the need for painting, should the modeler desire, and it all snaps together.











No comments:

Post a Comment