Sunday, April 2, 2017

Lethbridge Model Show 2017

Life has been quite busy for me these past few months, and I contemplated attending the Model show in Lethbridge this year. My Dad encouraged me to go, and I'm really glad that I did. I took my younger brother, and we had a fantastic time seeing some amazing and outstanding models, as well as meeting a few new modelers. Hearing their stories about their kits and learning a few new idea's along the way. In all sincerity thanks Dad.

Sadly, April 1st marks the dumbest thing I've done so far this month..... I forgot to take a lot of pictures..... Yeah, I feel really stupid. OK I'm planning on attending Nanton this year (life and world pending) And with that I'll dedicate more time to properly photograph more models. This is all I got for now.....



1:48 Spitfire, all the plumbing details were exceptionally done.




Zoukei Mura 1:32  219 Uhu. Many parts have super detailing. This was truly a stunning piece. The wavy pattern was flawless, and most of the identification markings were stencils. 



HGW fabric seat belts, these are the ultimate details to have. Seriously you can't look at etched belts the same ever again, these are 100% worth getting for your project.


1:32 (Hasegawa?) Shiden N1K2, always happy to see Japanese aircraft.

Another Zoukei Mura kit, a 1:32 229 Gotha. 


RCAF DC-3 1:72. 

1:48 Viggen. The photo doesn't do the orange 38 proper justice, it was a fantastic color.


On my Dad's wish list. HK Models 1:32 Do 335. After seeing this kit I'm really tempted to get one myself.

Fantastic cockpit detail. 

Canadair Sabre.

I really enjoyed the details in this one.

I've never seen this scheme before, and I loved it!

Hasegawa 1:48 Harrier. And a late A6M5 in the back ground.

Polar Lights massive 1:350 refit Enterprise A 


One of my favourite ships in the Star Wars universe, this superbly painted Fine Molds 1:72 Y-wing

A fantastic pair of Battlestar Galactica Mk.I and Mk .VII Vipers.

There were 5, 1:144 Millennium Falcons in the Sci-fi catagory, from both Fine Molds and Bandai. 




Early style shuttle from Star Trek, The Next Generation.

A wonderful, Tie Interceptor.

Hasegawa 1:72 He-111. I loved building this kit and after seeing this I'm tempted to get another and build a winter version like this.

From the Junior category, a wonderfully distressed uboat.

The kit of 2016, Tamiya 1:48 Tomcat. I've been putting off getting one of these. Which became harder once I saw this finished kit. 


A fantastic "What if", an Airfix 1:48 BAC TSR-2 in Canadian markings.
I didn't even know there was a 48th scale kit out. Very beautiful shape especially with the Canadian markings.

An awesome natural metal finish, looked very realistic. from the Trumperter 1:48 Supermarine Spiteful. This ones now added to my "To-buy" list.


The only April fool here was me for not taking more pictures, these are some amazing builds and there were many more there. Lesson learned! And thanks to the Lethbridge modelers for hosting this fantastic event, I can't wait to be there again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment