Thursday, December 17, 2015

AMT 1:25 Batmobile 1989 (Keatonmobile)


With every Batman movie there are several HUGE questions on everyone's mind. 1st, who will play Batman? 2nd, what's the new suit going to look like? 3rd, Who's the main villain? 4th, and someimes the most important, what's the new Batmobile going to look like?

Recent Batman movies are a car/tank hybrid. They are cool looking but lack the "Batman" aspect. The 1989 and 1992 Tim Burton Batman films really changed the atmosphere of the Batman franchise.  This darker Batman needed a new ride, and the designers really did it.

I love this version of the Batmobile. Sometimes dubbed the "Keatonmobile" because it was used in the 2 movies that starred Michael Keaton as Batman. This car screams Batman, all over. The shapes the style, everything about it works.  And I've wanted a kit of this car for a long time now. There are only 2 manufactures of this Batmobile. AMT and Bandai, the Bandai kit is quit hard to come by, and I believe it's in 24th scale. But based on the few builds I've seen of it, it looks like a fantastic kit. 

The AMT kit has been released once again, which is a huge sigh of relief since I lost one on ebay. And I've got to say this kit is better than I ever dreamed! I haven't been this excited about a kit in a very long time. It's much bigger than I thought it would be, and the details included are excellent. You have a compltely detailed cockpit interior, the two 50.cals can be built opened or closed. The front engine is removable to show extra detail. There's a side grappling hook, and computer consoles. 
The top and bottom halves are molded wonderfully, a bit of flash, but the detail is crisp and clean. A few small seam lines to sand down, but very little work to the body to get it up and running. 

There is flash throughout the model, its' quick to clean up however. My only fault with the kit is the first sprue when you open the box.... all chrome.  Now I've been looking around the internet and I can't find any material that shows any of the pieces on that chrome sprue, to actually be chrome on the real thing. There is an entire sprue chromed, for no real reason. I'm going to remove it when I start this build. Some parts might be silver, but not chrome.

But this is a small detail, the kit also comes with rubber tires, and an exclusive back drop for you to display your new car. Once again I'm way too excited about this kit. If you find one grab it right away, any Batman fan will love building this kit. I'm so seriously tempted to buy another, and the Mobious Models  1:25 Tumbler. Either way, I'm thrilled to have this kit!

















No comments:

Post a Comment