Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Bandai Razor Crest

 With the explosion of popularity that is the hit show The Mandalorian, there was a huge lack of merchandise as Disney was focusing on the newest and last film in the trilogy The Rise of Skywalker.  Unfortunately for Disney they didn't expect The Mandalorian to be as popular as it was, and fans were screaming for anything Mando to stock add to their collections.

For us modeling fans we were expecting news from Bandai with a new kit announcement. But we didn't get anything for over a year. 

Finally in 2021 Bandai announced a Razor Crest and 1:12 Mandalorian buildable figure. There would be 2 versions of each; Silver Plated to recreate the Beskar Armour, and a standard kit molded in silverish plastic. 

There's a lot of resentment towards Bandai with this kit, as many find the smaller scale off-putting. And I can agree with many to an extent. But the reality is... I love Bandai, and despite the size I know I'm going to have fun with this kit. 


I didn't expect to get one of these, except to order it out of Japan. But this past week, a new stock showed up at my local comic book store, and I quickly pestered the store to put one aside for me (thank you again). Well today I got it, and it's everything I was hoping for!






Sadly no decals as usual with the smaller Bandai kits, but I'll be painting these markings on.




















This is a great-looking kit, it's a shame that it's taken this long to get a Razor Crest model kit onto the market. 

For those who aren't impressed because of the scale don't worry as Revell Germany and Round 2 under the AMT brand are each coming out with their own Razor Crest in 1:72nd scales later on in the year or early 2022.

I'm eager to see this one done and I'm going to work on it as soon as this is published. It will be fun to see this next to my 1:144 X-wing and Millennium Falcon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment