Sunday, March 13, 2016

Lethbridge Model Show 2016

The Lethbridge Model show was this past Saturday (03/13/2016) It was going to be a long event and unfortunately neither my Dad or myself would have been able to stay for the entire event. We were able to make a quick stop, and I was able to take pictures of the event. I think I got about 95% of the models. 

On our way there we were treated to a rare sight, a Stearman was flying in the sky. And this was the first time I'd ever seen one in real, and wow what beauty, a very graceful aircraft that I hope I will see more of in the future.

With most competitions there are "Peoples Choice model" I always have a hard time at things like this so I went ahead and picked my top 5 favourites, starting with #5!


5. Academy 1:48? CH-113
Bright yellow and red with the Canadian roundels, awesome! The finish on this kit was so smooth and flawless, I'd love to learn how this modeller pulled it off so well. Again this was just such a  stunning aircraft, and the added etched details really brought everything together, really a model with some great character.



 4.  Warhammer 40K Imperial Knight
So I apologize if I've incorrectly labelled this, the warhammer universe isn't my strong suit. But it is to my brother, and he was just and impressed as I was when he saw this picture. It's a pretty big model, but what I really love is that even though it looks like a knight, the modeller painted it to look reminiscent of one as well. And painting work was fantastic, and really just caught your attention, as a mean beast not to be messed with.


 3.1:72 RCAF Lancaster
It's always great to see Post War Canadian aircraft. With those Maple Leaf roundels, and red wings. Not only is building a post war Lancaster on my very soon "to build list", but seeing this one was a huge inspiration. The red is fantastic and the lighting in that room messed with my camera so it's not really doing the model proper justice. I believe this was a Hasegawa kit, but either way another stunning model. I'm very nervous to start building mine now.


2. Tamiya 1:24 Fiat 500F
OK, this was another kit that I was really surprised to see there, I love the old Fiat 500, and I've been desperately searching for this same Tamiya kit, It's not produced any more and seems to be getting harder to find online. I practically melted at the site of this kit, I'm really on the hunt for one now! I like the choice of red and that they left the canvas top opened to see inside, the engine hatch is opened and nicely detailed as well. Such a cute car and a brilliant build.



1. I.S.S Enterprise
This was a Polar Lights 1:1000 Enterprise for the Original series, and as soon as I saw it my eyes never really left, this was purely a stunning build, I'd love to know how the modeller managed to paint those panel lines. They are perfect and look so much like the original studio model. I've built this kit in the past but seeing this I'd love to attempt to build it again.

Lastly, this was a really fun event to visit, and I really enjoyed all the fantastic model that were on display. I picked my top 5 favourites, but there were so many great subjects to see and admire, so check out the gallery and see for yourself.






































































































































































































































2 comments:

  1. In your video on your YouTube channel you mentioned that you edited out the sound because of inappropriate language. I commend you for that. I think that the biggest reason that I like your channel is because of how genuinely nice and high spirited you seem. Thanks and keep up the good work!

    Scott Maxey (USA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scott, I'm glad you like the channel, I really want to keep my channel on a format that anyone can watch it. Especially if younger modelers are watching :D

      Delete